Fees & Insurance for Traditional Psychological Services
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
for Traditional Psychological Services:
How long is each session?
Our initial 50-minute intake session will be spent getting to know each other, and determining the best course of action.
Follow up therapy sessions vary in length, depending on individual preferences and circumstances.
How much does each session cost?
Please contact your insurance company for their policies and procedures regarding reimbursement for CPT codes that include the *GT for face-to-face tele-psychology services.
- Initial Diagnostic Interview (50-55 minutes: CPT Code 90791*GT) – $350
- Individual Psychotherapy Session (55 minutes: CPT Code 90837*GT) – $300
- Individual Psychotherapy Session (45 minutes: CPT Code 90834*GT) – $225
- Individual Psychotherapy Session (25 minutes: CPT Code 90832*GT) – $150
How do I pay for sessions?
The practice accepts all major credit cards.
Credit cards are securely kept on file for direct payment.
Credit cards are usually charged 24 hours prior to appointments.
Does the practice accept health insurance?
Suffolk Health Psychology Services, PLLC does not accept insurance, including Medicare.
If you would like to use your out-of-network insurance benefits, you have the ability to download a SuperBill that you may submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
It is advised that you call your insurance company to verify out-of-network coverage for outpatient mental health services.
What is the Late Cancellation and No-Show Policy?
The practice does not double or triple book appointments.
When you schedule an appointment, that time belongs to you, and only you.
Therefore, no-shows, cancelled or rescheduled sessions with less than 24 hours notice are charged the full fee for the session.
What value-added services are included with my fees?
All fees included the following value-added services:
- Flexible evening & weekend sessions offered
- 24/7 online scheduling. There is never a need to wait for an appointment desk to open. You can see what appointments are available and schedule directly. You can reschedule or cancel appointments quickly and easily.
- You attend all of your sessions from the comfort & convenience of your own home. You never have to worry about bad weather, car trouble, traffic, or the added inconvenience of traveling to appointments.
- 24/7 access to your secure patient portal. You can see all of your appointments (past and pending), pay bills, download receipts of bills for submission to insurance companies, and more.
- Secure online journal. You have the option of sharing journal entries with Dr. Dixon, or keep them private.
- Highly customized treatment plan that plays to your individual strengths & is designed to optimize your response to treatment
Denise Dixon, Ph.D.
Dr Dixon is a licensed clinical psychologist practicing in New York State. She sees children, adolescents, & adults, & specializes in evidenced-based treatments of various mental health problems. She is dedicated to helping people to find hope; discover their inner strength; and maximize their personal growth.
Special Package Pricing for Concierge Psychological Services
Suffolk Health Psychology Services, PLLC, is pleased to offer Concierge Psychological Services for clients wanting to dive “all in” and move beyond simply feeling better, to maximizing their psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual growth. Please contact Dr. Dixon for more information.